From the blade to the handle, this 3 Piece Miyabi Birchwood Set from the 5000MCD series is unique. The natural structure of the Masur birch used in the knife's handles give the knives a distinctive appearance, whilst the fine damask structure of the blades are reminiscent of the swords from Japanese stories with 100 layers of steel surrounding a core of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel. The classic Japanese Honbazuke trigger makes the knife edge particularly sharp. Even in the 21st century, this relatively complex process consisting of several grinding passes is still performed by hand to obtain an authentic result.
- 1 x 18cm Birchwood Santoku Knife
- 1 x 13cm Birchwood Shotoh Utility Knife
- 1 x 9cm Birchwood Shotoh Paring Knife
- Manufactured in Seki, Japan
- Crafted from MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel
- Honbazuke honed symmetrical edge for exceptional sharpness
- 19° symmetrical blade is the result of v-edge honing
- Three-part traditional construction
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades for exceptional cutting performance
- Corrosion resistance for optimum blade flexibility
- Unique ergonomic Masur Birch wood handle for perfect balance
- Fatigue-free cutting with concealed tang
- Half bolster provides a seamless transition between the handle and blade
- Hand wash only
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Gift Boxed
- (Colour, size & model of products depicted in the demonstration video may be different to your model choice, please choose carefully)
Enjoy free Standard AusPost shipping on orders totaling $99 or more.
For orders below $99, our Standard Rate for shipping is just $10.
Rest assured, we prioritize speedy delivery. Orders received by 1 PM on NSW business days will be shipped the following business day. For orders placed on NSW Public Holidays or weekends, we ensure they are dispatched within two business days at the latest