Before first use
Before first use, remove all the labels and wash the cookware thoroughly. Use mild dishwashing detergent and warm water and make sure you dry the cookware thoroughly before storing or using. It is recommended that paper towel is placed between cookware which may assist in preventing scratches to the surfaces during storage.
Caring for Non-Stick
What cooking utensils should I use?
While Anolon non-stick is exceptionally durable and is metal utensil safe, wooden or heat resistant nylon cooking utensils are recommended to prevent scratches.
Follow these 7 simple steps to avoid some of the common ways your non-stick pan can be damaged:
Avoid using continuous high heat and/or overheating the pan as this can cause discolouration and permanently damage your non-stick surface.
- Do not use steel wool, coarse scouring pads or harsh abrasives to clean cookware.
- Do not store food in cookware after cooking, particularly when salt has been used as this may cause pitting on the surface.
- Do not leave utensils in cookware during cooking.
- Do not use oil sprays on nonstick cookware as the ultra-thin layer of oil will quickly burn onto the nonstick surface when the cookware is heated. To use oil sprays for flavour, lightly spray the food before adding to the preheated cookware.
- Although minor scratches will not impair the performance of nonstick cookware, the use of sharp metal kitchen utensils such as forks, knives or whisks is not recommended.
- Do not allow cookware to boil dry and never leave empty cookware on a hot burner.
- Do not use oven cleaners to clean cookware, as these are not designed for this purpose and will ruin the cookware.
Cleaning and storing
How to clean non-stick
When you first use one your Anolon non-stick pan, it will work so well (and make clean up so easily) that you may think that all you need to do is wipe it out with a paper towel!
Though we would love for that to be the case, cleaning your pan thoroughly is really important to prevent a build-up of food over time that can cause damage to your non-stick. If grease particles are left on the non-stick surface, they can burn when the cookware is next heated, causing stains and scorching to your pan’s interior, reducing the effectiveness of the non-stick surface.
Follow these simple steps to keep your pan looking beautiful and performing perfectly:
- Carefully wipe off spills which occur during cooking immediately for easier clean up later.
- Always allow cookware to cool down after use and before cleaning, by removing cookware from the heat source and let it cool on a heat resistant surface or trivet.
- Do not pour cold water into hot cookware as it may cause it to warp, or hot liquids to splatter
- Before washing, carefully wipe out any food residue or grease particles with a paper towel.
- Using a cleaning brush (or a mesh pad specifically labelled as being suitable for nonstick surfaces), wash cookware thoroughly after use with mild dishwashing detergent and hot (not boiling) water to remove all traces of food or grease particles.
I have burnt food onto my cookware
If your cookware has dried or burnt on food deposits that you can’t seem to clean off, try this simple solution to soften food before washing:
- Partially fill the pan with 3 parts water to one part detergent or vinegar
- Bring the pan to the boil
- Turn off the heat source and set aside for a period to cool
- Wash the pan with mild dishwashing detergent and hot (not boiling) water using a cleaning brush or a non-abrasive mesh pad.
There is a spotted white film on my pan
A spotted white film may form on your cookware which is caused by minerals in water, or from starch in food. This will not impair the performance of your pan, and can usually be removed by rubbing with a sponge dipped in lemon juice or vinegar.
- Always ensure cookware is dried thoroughly before storing away.
- It is recommended that paper towel is placed between cookware which may assist in preventing scratches to the surfaces during storage.
What is covered under my product warranty?
The below is general in nature. Please read the warranty card that came with your product for specific warranty information.
This warranty does not apply where:
The damage to or defect in the Product is caused by normal wear and tear;
- The Product has been on-sold or assigned by the original purchaser;
- The Product has been used for commercial purposes;
- The Product has been used for purposes other than the purpose for which it was designed;
- The Product has been repaired by someone other than Anolon or an authorised repairer of Anolon;
- The Product has been subject to abnormal conditions, whether of temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- Corrosive or abrasive matter has been applied to the Product;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to the original purchaser's failure to properly maintain or use the Product in accordance with the Use and Care Instructions; or
- The Product has been misused, abused, neglected or involved in an accident.
- This warranty does not cover scratches, stains, discoloration or damage caused by overheating.